The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
The Village of Stronghurst met in a special meeting on Tuesday, March 13 and voted to pass An Ordinance Authorizing the Sale of Liquor in the Village of Stronghurst to allow consumption of alcohol on the premises.
In that ordinance there were some changes from the discussion that was held at the regular meeting on Monday, March 5th.
Class "A" License:
Class "A" licenses which authorize retail sale on the premises of package liquor. The annual fee for such license shall be one thousand two hundred dollars ($1,200.00) per year, and shall be valid from July 1 through June 30 every year.
Class "B" Licenses:
Class "B" licenses which authorize sale on the premises of alcoholic liquor for the consumption within the interior of the premises where sold. The annual fee for such license shall be one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500.00) per year, and shall be valid from July 1 through June 30 every year.
An addition fee of five hundred dollars ($500.00) shall be required of all holders of Class "B" licenses to engage in the sale of alcoholic liquors on Sundays.
Hours liquor may be sold:
Monday thru Friday 1 p.m. until 12 midnight
Saturday, 11 a.m. until 12 midnight
Sunday 12 noon until 12 midnight.
Also the number and classifications of liquor licenses is three Class "A" licenses and 3 Class "B" licenses.
Other highlights in the ordinance are:
An application for a Village retailer's license for the sale of alcoholic liquor shall be made in writing to the Village Clerk who shall forward the application to the President, as the Local Control Commissioner, for such action as the President may see fit to take pursuant to the law of this Sate and the provisions of the Village Code.
All fees required by this Chapter shall be paid to the Village Clerk at the time an application is made and shall forthwith be turned over to the Treasurer. In the event the license applied for is denied the fee shall be returned to the applicant. If the license is granted, then the fee shall be deposited in the General Corporate Fund or in such other fund as shall have been designated by the Village Council, by proper action.
The Clerk shall keep or cause to be kept a complete record of all licenses issued under this Chapter and shall furnish the President, Treasurer and Chief of Police each with a copy thereof; upon the issuance of any license or the revocation of any old license, the President shall give written notice of such action to each of these officers with forty-eight (48) hours of such action.
In premises upon which the sale of alcoholic liquor for consumption upon the premises is licensed (other than as a restaurant, hotel or club) no screen, blind, curtain, partition, article of thing shall be permitted in the windows or upon the doors of such licensed premises nor inside such premises which shall prevent a clear view into the interior of such licensed premises from the street, road or sidewalk at all times.
In any premises that has a Class "A" license, it shall be unlawful to permit any person under the age of eighteen (18) years to handle any packaged alcohol.
In any premises that has a Class "B" license, it shall be unlawful to permit any person under the age of twenty-one (21) years to draw, pour or mix any alcoholic liquor as an employee of any retail licensee.
It shall be unlawful for any person under the age of nineteen (19) years unless accompanied by a parent or other authorized legal guardian to be in or on any premises that has a Class "B" license.
The owner of each Class "B" license shall present to the Village Clerk, who shall forward to the Liquor Commissioner, a proof of sales on an annual basis. Only forty percent (40%) of total annual sales may come from the sale of alcohol. The remaining sixty percent (60%) may be made up of the total sales of food, products, or other goods offered for sale by the establishment.
No gambling of any type, except Illinois State Lottery games, shall be allowed on the premises of a license holder whether the gambling is for cash or for prizes.