The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
La Harpe Council Moves Through Busy Agenda
by Lucretia McPeak, Clerk
The La Harpe City Council met Monday, October 9, at the city hall at 7:00 p.m. for the regular meeting.
Answering roll call were trustees Dave Clover, Jerry Burford, Kenny Brown, Greg Wisslead, Treasurer Crystal Graves, City Clerk Lucretia McPeak, and Mayor Katherine Hasten. Randy Shumaker arrived at 7:23 p.m.
Larry Finch reported recalls on the Ford squad car, and Kenny Foster will be going to a night shoot on Tuesday.
The city clerk reported that the Christmas Parade Resolution will be on the next agenda.
Attorney Scholz reported the Code of Ordinances are in the final stages.
The board also approved:
- September minutes
- Treasurer report and the paying of all bills
- Payment of $26,250.00 to McClure Engineering for services pertaining to sludge removal, and Southwest Water Main Project as per MEAI letter dated 8-18-17.
- Mueller Memorial of over $900 for dock at reservoir with the city paying the $1,000 balance: (Burford, Brown, Shumaker and Wisslead voted yes, and Clover voted no on the dock at the reservoir).
- Making parameters with K & C to locate a 2 wheel drive pickup, under $10,000.00 with mileage under 65,000.
- Covering a hole at property at 100 S C Street on city right-of-way, and contact finance company to alert them to remove trash, or it will be removed by the city.
- Contract with ChemGro.
- Trick-or Treat Night on Tuesday, October 31st, from 5-8 p.m. and those wishing to participate are asked to turn on on their porch lights.
- Allowing Marlie Burt to ride along with the city police and add to her to the City of La Harpe's insurance.
- For Little to purchase and put up 2 signs at the reservoir stating "No Vehicles Beyond this Point" to keep people from driving on the levy at the reservoir.
Other discussion included:
garbage, trespassing at 405 N. Center Street, and noise complaints from 9-30-17, a food truck in the city park on Tuesdays, a tree between the city hall and the library, and the replacment of windows at city hall.
The meeting adjourned at 8:49 p.m. with the next meeting to be on Monday, Oct. 23rd, at 7:00 p.m.