The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
Greetings ta ever one in western Illinois and all readers of "The Quill."
A lot has been made over the NFL allow'n it's players ta kneel dure'n the play'n of the National Anthem. The commissioner states they support free speech and expression. Well, lets see how that works:
In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game ta pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his blackout to avoid glare and made him take it off.
In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats ta raise awareness for people with mental health disorders:
In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced ta turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.
In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness.
In 2105 William Gay was fined fer wearing purple cleats ta raise awareness fer domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem:)
In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.
In 2016 the NFL threatened ta fine players who wanted ta wear cleats ta commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.
So tell us again how the NFL supports free speech and expressions?
Here are some amazing stats: Make sure you read ta the bottom. An eye opener!
1. These 10 states now have more people on welfare than they have employed!
2. Last month, the Senate Budget Committee reports that in fiscal year 2012, between food stamps, housing support, child care, Medicaid and other benefits, the average U. S. Household below the property line received $168.00 a day in government support.
What's the problem with that much support? Well, the median household income in America is just over $50,000, which averages out to $137.13 a day.
Ta put it another way, being on welfare now pays the equivalent of $30.00 an hour for 40 hour week, while the average job pays $24.00 an hour.
3. Check the last set of statistics!
The percentage of each past present's cabinet who had worked in the private business sector prior ta their appointment to the cabinet. You know what the private business sector is: A real-life business not a government job.
Here are the percentages:
38% T. Roosevelt
50% F. D. Roosevelt
51% GH Bush
55% GW Bush
Ya can draw yer own conclusions as ta whether job experience takes preference over academia, government, and/or non-profit jobs or as "community organizers".
For an example, lets look at what President Trump has done so far with his 90% cabinet that have worked in the private business sector prior ta their appointment ta the cabinet:
1. Supreme Court Judge Gorsuch
2. 59 missiles dropped in Syria.
3. Took us out of TPP
4. Illegal immigration is now down 79% (the lowest in 17 years).
5. Consumer confidence highest since 2000 at index 125.6.
6. Mortgage applications for new homes rise to a 7 year high.
7. Arranged a 20% Tariff on soft lumber from Canada.
8. Bids for border wall are well underway.
9. Pulled out of the lopsided Paris accord.
10. Keystone pipeline approved.
11. NATO allies boost spending by 4.3%
12. Allowing VA to terminate bad employees.
13. Allowing private healthcare choices fer veterans
14. More than 600,000 jobs created.
15. Median household income at a 7 year high.
16. The Stock Market is at the highest ever in its history.
17. China agreed to American import of beef.
18. $89 billion saved in regulation rollbacks.
19. Rollback of a regulation to boost coal mining.
20. MOAB for ISIS
21. Travel ban reinstated.
22.Executive order fer religious freedom.
23. Jump started NASA.
24. $600 million cut from UN peacekeeping budget.
25. Targeting of MS13 gangs.
26. Deporting violent illegal immigrants.
27. Signed 41 bills to date.
28. Created a commission on child trafficking.
29. Created a commission on voter fraud.
30. Created a commission for opioids addiction.
31. Giving power to states to drug test unemployment recipients.
32. Unemployment lowest since May 2007.
33. Historic Black College University initiative.
34. Women In Entrepreneurship Act.
35. Created an office of illegal immigrant crime victims.
36. Reversed parts of Dodd-Frank
37. Repealed DOT ruling which would have taken power away from local governments fer infrastructure planning.
38. Order ta stop crime against law enforcement.
39. End of DAPA program.
40. Initiative ta stop companies from moving out of America.
41. Promoted businesses ta create American jobs.
42. Encouraged country ta once again hire Americans.
43. "Buy American and hire American'
44. Cutting regulations 2 fer every one created.
45. Review of all trade agreements underway to make sure they are America first.
46. Apprentice program
47. Highest manufacturing surge in 3 years.
48. $78 billion promised reinvestment from major business like Exxon, Bayer, Apple, SoftBank, Toyota:
49. Denied FBI a new building.
50. $700 million saved with F-35 renegotiation.
51. Saves $22 million by reducing White House payroll.
52. Dept. of Treasury reports a $182 billion surplus for April 2017, 2nd largest in history.
53. Negotiated the release of 6 US humanitarian workers held captive in Egypt.
54. Gas prices lowest in more than 12 years.
55. Signed an executive order ta promote energy independence and economic growth.
56. Has already accomplished more ta stop government interference into people's lives than any President in the history of America.
47. Put the brakes on WOTUS.
58. Provided aid to Hurricane victims.
59. Aggressively defends the 2nd amendment.
On Friday, the Trump administration released their annual report ta Congress on White House Office Personnel. It includes the name, status, salary, and position title of all 377 White House employees.
The report said that President Trump decided not ta take a dime of his salary, instead he donated it ta an amazing cause (see below).
The report also showed that President Trump is far better at saving money than President Obama was.
The total annual White House salaries under Trump are $35.8 million vs $40.9 under President Obama, a savings $5.1 million.
Here are some other key findings:
Instead of taking his salary, President Trump donated all $400,000 to the Department of the Interior where is will be used for construction and repair needs at military cemeteries! AMAZING!
It's so great ta have a President who loves our brave military men and women so much.
Well, that's all for this week's column.
Thank you ta ever one that provided the previous facts and figures for your digestions. I'm sure the boys and I will seriously dwell on them for a spell.
Hope'n ta see ya in church this weekend.
Remember, wherever ya are, whatever ya be a do'n "BE A GOOD ONE!"
Keep on smile'n
Count yer many blessings
Catch ya later