The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
The Wisdom Of Barnyard Bruke: SOOTHING QUOTES TA MIND YER MIND
Greetings ta ever one in western Illinois and all readers of "The Quill."
I'm a hope'n this week's column finds ya a starting the New Year satisfactorily.
With this column be'n the first fer 2017 I'm include'n some quotes that might help sooth your mind.
I'm not exactly sure where they originated from ta give the originators proper credit.
Anyways, here they are and let's hope these thoughts give your new year a jump start.
TA MIND YER MIND
- Everythin' is created twice, first in the mind and then in reality. So pay close attention ta the thoughts ya choose. They have a way of becoming real.
- There is absolutely nothing about your present circumstances that prevents ya from making progress, one step at a time.
- Worry, and ya get what you worry about. Work, and ya gets what ya work fer. It's often just that simple.
- Ya can't let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones. Don't let the silly little dramas of each day get ya down.
- Happiness is allowin' yourself to be perfectly OK with "what is,' rather than wishin' fer and worryin' about "what is not.' What is, is what's supposed ta be, or it would not be. The rest is just you, arguin' with life.
- Frustration and stress come from the way ya react, not the way things are. Adjust your attitude today, and the frustration and stress is gone.
- Be positive and smile right now, not because everythin' is good, but because you can see the good side of everythin'
- Lies only exist if you believe in them. The truth shall indeed set ya free in the end. Whenever negativity creeps into your mind, ask yourself. Is it true? Can I be 100% certain that it's true? (And then let the lies GO!)
- No book is just one chapter. No chapter tells the whole story. No mistake defines who we are. Keep turnin' the pages that need to be turned.
- Remember, lettin' go isn't about havin' the courage to release the past; it's about having the wisdom and strength to embrace the present.
- The past has absolutely no power over the present moment.
- No amount of regret changes the past. No amount of anxiety changes the future. But any amount of gratitude changes the present.
- Replace the phrase "I have to" with "I get to" whenever ya catch yourself starting ta complain. So many activities we complain about are things others wish they had the chance ta do.
- The more beauty you find in someone else's journey, the less you'll want ta compare it ta your own.
- Feelin' stuck is a FEELIN', not a fact. So never assume that you're stuck with the way things are. Life changes every second, and so can you.
- In almost every situation, a little more willingness ta acknowledge that there may be somethin' ya do not know could change everythin'. Go somewhere new, and countless opportunities suddenly appear. Do somethin' differently, and all sorts of great new possibilities spring up. Keep your mind quiet and peaceful, by keeping it open.
- Be careful about who ya give the microphone and stage to in your life. Don't just listen ta the loudest voice. Listen ta the truest one.
- The unhappiest folk in this world are the ones who care the most about what everyone else thinks.
- Sayin' yes ta happiness and peace of mind means learning to say no ta the folk and things that hurt ya. Be wise enough ta ignore the needless negativity around ya.
- When a feller undermines your dreams, predicts your doom, or criticizes ya, remember, they're telling ya their story, not yours.
- The person ya liked, loved or respected in the past, who treated ya like dirt again and again, has nothing intellectually or spiritually to offer ya in the present moment, but headaches and heartache.
- One of the most freein' things we learn in life is that we don't have ta agree with everyone, everyone doesn't have ta agree with us, and its' perfectly OK.
- Be OK with walking away. Rejection teaches ya how to reject what's not right fer ya.
- Ya have to accept that some chapters in our lives have to close without closure. There's no point in losin' yourself by tryin' ta fix what's meant ta stay broken.
- Everyone ya meet can teach ya somethin' important. In fact, the folk who are the most difficult to deal with can also be your most valuable teachers.
- Some life changes look negative and painful on the surface, but ya will soon realize that space is being created in your life fer somethin' new and beautiful ta emerge.
- Without letting go of thinkin' there's somewhere better ta be, or someone better ta be, you'll never relax with where ya are and who ya are.
- The curious paradox of life is that when ya accept yourself just as ya are, right where ya are, only then can ya change and grow.
- Take constructive criticism seriously, but not personally. Listen, and then operate with your own intuition and wisdom as your guide.
- Sometimes your mind needs more time ta accept what your heart already knows. Breathe. Be a witness, not a judge.
- Don't run away from things; run toward them - the best way to move away from somethin' negative is ta move toward somethin' positive.
- If you're pulled in every direction by forces beyond your control, take time ta realign yourself with what you value most in life. What is important in your life is what ya decide is important. Nothin' can overwhelm ya unless ya let it.
- True purpose has no time limit. True purpose has no deadline. Don't worry and stress yourself out. Just do the one thing ya can right now.
- Patience is not about waiting; it's the ability to keep a good attitude while working hard fer what ya believe in.
- Remember "I don't have time," is really just another, perhaps politer, or perhaps naive, way of saying, "It's not that important ta me."
- You cannot always wait for the perfect time, because there may be no such thing. Sometimes you must dare ta jump.
- Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not here to scare ya. They're here to let ya know that somethin' is worth your while.
- Don't let not knowing how it'll end keep ya from beginn'. Uncertainty chases us out into the open where life's true magic is waitin'.
- Look at how far you've come. You have made progress. And now, imagine how far ya can go.
- Stop worrying so much about what's in it for you every single second. If you're making a positive contribution to others, there's always somethin' in it fer ya in the long run.
- And finally...Don't eat yellow snow!
There ya have it then, a few ideas ta concentrate on fer the New Year ta calm yer heart with productive thoughts and bring ya peace of mind.
Well, anyways, me and the boys is a gonna dwell on "em fer a spell and see how the year goes. Maybe you might also.
Hope'n ta see ya in church this week.
Remember; Wherever ya are, whatever ya be a do'n "BE A GOOD ONE!"
Keep on Smile'n
Catch ya later