The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
Henderson County Board Meets Monthly
The Henderson County Board meets the first Tuesday of every month at 8:30 a.m. The following are highlights from the last four months.
- Board member Albert Renken said the repairs on the downstairs women's restroom are the courthouse are complete
- He also informed the board of a quote of $2000 for the court house bell and it would be done in late spring.
- Appproved an amendment to the Henderson County Rural Addressing Ordinance.
- Renken told about his conversation with State Representative Randy Frese over concerns, about the Health Department's finances and state funding.
- Reappointed Chad Scott MST Fire Protection District Trustee for a 3 year term
- Appointed Judy Roessler, Sharon Eisenmayer, and Charleen Fisher Henderson Co. Library Board for 6-yr terms.
- Voted to approve Bob Cravens mowing the Kemp Cemetery for $600 per year.
- Approved the installation of a drop box outside of the courthouse.
- Board discussed courthouse repairs for the bell tower, wild life damage to the overhang, and termite treatment
- Discussed the arrestees medical fund deficit. The Sheriff will look into other counties' policies in handling the matter
- Discussed the Village of Gulfport request for Police Services. Sheriff Haynes recommends the county decline the contract due to it not being in the best interest of the county and the deputies.
- Approved initiating the steps for a Public Safety Tax increase for the Health Department.
- Appointed Robert Banta to the Henderson County Board of Review for a 2-yr term.
- Appointed Glen Dean Smith as Biggsville Fire District Trustee for a 3 year term.
- Re-appointed Richard Stewart as Gulfport Gladstone Fire District Trustee for a 3 year term.
- Appointed Jon Corzatt to fill vacancy of James Corzatt as Raritan Cemetery Trustee.
- Reappointed Paul VanArsdale, Janet Brokaw and James Blender as Raritan Ceemtery Trustees for a 4 year term
- Approved a Resolution providing for reimbursement at the Department of Public Aid Rates for Medical Assistance and a resolution requiring convicted persons confined in the Henderson County jail to reimburse the county for the expenses incurred by their incarceration.
- Trustee Robert Peterson told the board that at the CIRMA meeting he was advised to recommend the county stay away from e cigarettes. Said the reason for this is the batteries have a tendency to explode and burn the user and the long term effects are unknown. Deputy Seitz said he understands but, they do not have a yard or the staffing to provide cigarette breaks to inmates.
- Lafary informed the board the sheriff's dept. had asked about starting Union Contract talks. The Henderson County Sheriff Department is going to be switching to a different union.
- Laffery reported Brad Hinshaw would bring a bucket truck when the weather was nice to repair the bell tower and front door overhang.
- County Engineer Tom Hickman said some changes had to be made to the new Rural Addressing and the signs should be in by the end of june.
- Angela Myers said the State of Illinois has released the Health Protection Grant ad the Heslth Department will be receiving $63,000 later.
- Deputy Seitz requested a storage container to store case files and evidence in. Has a quote for $2,770.
Serving on the County Board are: Albert Renken, Richard Clifton, Brad Flatt, Gary Gibb, Bill Knupp, Terry Myers, Robert Peterson, Deborah Plasterer, Richard Stewart, James Alexander and Marty Lafary.