The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
Greetings to ever one in Western Illinois and all readers of "The Quill".
Sure hope all had a memorable Valentine's Day last Saturday.
The weather man is give'n us a dose ever now and again of cold weather. That is not unusual fer February and it seems most folk are handle'n it satisfactorily.
The news media is have'n a rough go of it here lately. It seems a national T.V. news anchor man was caught lying and exaggerate'n the truth on more than one occasion.
The boys have said him and his liberal cohorts have been lying fer years. What is enterest'n is how they justify it and proclaim him to be such a great person.
Well, as lying goes he's got good company. Politicians has made an art of lying fer years. They seem to have turned it into a virtue, fer example, Russia would never invade the Ukraine or Crimean!
Lawyers that call an individual innocent even when their client is caught red handed are good at lying. They sez it is their job and it makes for justice?
We'll be come'n on tax time soon and its a stretch to assume ever one will tell the complete truth on their tax return.
Shucks, when ya dwell on the matter fer a spell it seems their are many lies out and about. One wonders if'n eventually that news reporter will get a grammy fer be'n so good about lying on the news.
Just a Coincidence
I've told it before but it might be a good time to review the "Communist Rules for Revolution" found at Dusseldorf, Germany in May of 1919 by Allied Forces.
The rules are as follows:
A. Corrupt the young; get them away from religion; get them interested in sex; make them superficial; destroy their ruggedness.
B. Get control of all means of publicity and heresy.
1) Get people's minds off their government by focusing their attention on athletics, sex books, plays, etc.
2) Divide the people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance.
3) Destroy the people's faith in their natural leaders by holding them up to contempt and ridicule.
4) Always preach true democracy, but seize power as fast and ruthlessly as possible.
5) By encouraging government extravagance, destroy it's credit, produce fear of inflation with rising prices and general discontent.
6) By specious argument, cause the breakdown of the old moral virtues; honesty, sobriety, continence, faith in the pledged work, ruggedness.
C. Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with a view of confiscating them and leaving the population helpless.
There ya has it then fer your own review. It does make a feller wonder, don't it?
I guess I'll dwell on them thoughts fer a spell and try'n make sense of it all.
Have a good week, keep warm, and remember church this weekend
Where ever ya is, whatever ya be a do'n "BE A GOOD ONE!"
Keep on Smile'n
Catch ya Later