The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
Stronghurst Booster Club
The Stronghurst Booster Club met on April 6, 2015, at the Stronghurst Fire Station with President Jim Blender calling the meeting to order at 12:03 p.m.
Members present were: Jim Blender, Diana Taylor, Jade Parker, Sara Nimrick, Linda Taylor, Jerry Keimig, Yvonne Knapp and Melinda Whiteman. All joined in the Pledge of Allegiance.
The treasury report was read and approved.
- Project Spray Park - contract has been signed and waiting on supplies for a start date. We have until May 1, 2015 to add more above ground items if funds are made available. Motion was made to use sandstone as colorant for cement by Keimig, and Whiteman seconded it. Motion carried.
- Dr. Pogue Annual Memorial 5K Run was set for July 25, 2015 in Media. The run will be held at the same time of the Media Alumni event with a breakfast to be served following the run.
- Stronghurst Heritage Days will be September 19, 2015. A BBQ cook-off starting at noon in the city park. Entertainment will be provided by Maple City Jazz Band, Rob Hull and Joyful Sounds. For info on the cook-off, contact Ron Gittings.
- Electronics Recycling - Saturday, June 6, 2015 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. only.
- Community drop off day for all electronics will be at the city garage. All electronics will be taken free. This is being sponsored and funded by the Stronghurst Booster Club.
- Membership Drive - member dues are now due. Anyone wanting to support is appreciated.
- The Hawk-Eye monthly community news section will feature all upcoming events.
J. Keimig made a motion to adjourn and M. Whiteman seconded it.
The next meeting is scheduled for May 4, 2015, at 12:00 p.m. at the Stronghurst Fire Department.