The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
County To Gather Bids For Jail Meals
By Sally Day
for the Quill
Susan Bigger of Oquawka was present at the Henderson County Board meeting, Tuesday, September 9, 2014 to discuss the contract for providing meals at the County Jail. Bigger, owner/operator of the Village Hub Restaurant in Oquawka told board members her restaurant was not closing down as previously had been stated. The Hub has the contract for the meals currently and that contract expires in November. Sheriff Steve Haynes noted that his department would like to get bids for the jail meals. The board tabled the business until the October meeting.
In other business the board:
- approved the FY2013 Audit, pending resolving an issue with the Health Department.
- approved a list of petit jurors.
- tabled a discussion of health insurance.
- passed a Highway Resolution.
- tabled appointing a member to the Zoning Board of Appeals to fill a vacancy.
- accepted an agreement with Western Illinois Regional Council for office space in the Courthouse.
- briefly touched on a situation with the County Animal Control Officer, Yvonne Butler pertaining to pit bulls.
- approved minutes of the August 12, meeting.
- approved claims paid in August 2014.
- heard roll call as follows: Gail Russell, present; Mark Lumbeck, absent; Albert Renken, present; David Hinshaw, present; Stan Torrance, present; Tex Stewart, present; Terry Myers, present; Curt Eisenmayer, present; Bob Peterson, present; Jim Alexander, present; and Marty Lafary, absent.
- adjourned at 8:41 a.m.