The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
Approves Fiscal Year 2015
Appropriations And Tax Levy
The Hancock County board approved the Budget and Appropriations Ordinance, and Tax Levy Ordinance for Fiscal Year 2015 at its November meeting. The fiscal year began on December 1, 2014 and ends on November 30, 2015. All members present voted to approve both ordinances.
Comparison of Appropriations
General Fund Total all funds
Fiscal Year 2009 $3,051,351 $7,614,805
Fiscal Year 2010 $3,048,684 $7,999,434
Fiscal Year 2011 $3,040,896 $7,963,146
Fiscal Year 2012 $3,039,457 $10,251,937
Fiscal Year 2013 $3,116,210 $10,925,039
Fiscal Year 2014 $3,333,725 $11,537,285
Comparison of Tax Levy
General Fund Total all funds
Tax Year 2009 $734,400 $3,592,000
Tax Year 2010 $785,000 $3,573,000
Tax Year 2011 $795,000 $3,573,000
Tax Year 2012 $800,000 $3,683,000
Tax Year 2013 $818,000 $3,794,500
Tax Year 2014 $800,000 $3,870,000
Seven County Highway Committee recommendations were approved:
1. A 2% increase for highway department employees.
2. A half-aid petition in the amount of $390,000 to replace a bridge on Larry Creek on 1900 North and 1240 East. The local cost of $86,000 will be split 50-50 between the Sonora Township and Hancock County.
3. An engineering contract in the amount of $59,500 to Fehr-Graham and Associates for design of the proposed bridge in Sonora Township.
4. A half-aid petition in the amount of $730,000 to replace a bridge on the Lamoine River on 2500 North and 2430 East. The local cost of $154,000 will be split 50-50 between the Durham Township and Hancock County.
5. An engineering contract in the amount of $91,148.14 to Fehr-Graham and Associates for design of the proposed bridge in Durham Township.
6. A half-aid petition in the amount of $960,000 to replace a bridge on the Lamoine River on 1710 North and 2370 East. The local cost of $200,000 will be split 50-50 between the Carthage Township and Hancock County.
7. An engineering contract in the amount of $98,320.07 to Fehr-Graham and Associates for design of the proposed bridge in Carthage Township.
The November meeting is usually the busiest meeting of the year since one fiscal year ends on November 30, and preparations are made for the new fiscal year beginning on December 1. This year was no exception. In other business, the county board approved:
8. A public defender contract-Kameron A. Miller-$57,000 legal services and $8,500 office expenses.
9. Public defenders contract-conflict of interest cases-William A. Rasmussen and Eric G. Icenogle-$20,500.
10. Animal Control Officer-Michael Wright-$16,125.
11. County Board Secretary-Betty Twaddle-$11,025.
12. Supervisor of Assessments-Dale Bolton-$52,930.
13. Circuit Clerk-John Neally-$49,374.
14. Authorize county board chair and finance chair to transfer line items in budget.
15. States attorney appellate prosecutor-fiscal year appeals to appellate court and supreme court-$7,000.
16. Employed of Stacy Thompson as Shelter Care administrator. Long time (since the late 1980s) administrator Vicki Carriger retired.
17. Approved sale by bid of a 2006 Chevrolet Impala acquired from the Hamilton Police Department with an estimated value of $3,000 to the sheriff's auxiliary.
18. Approved purchase of a Life Pack heart monitor in the amount of $8,995 for fiscal year 2014-2015.
Health Insurance Counseling for the Public
Amy McAllister, Health Department Administrator, reported help is available to persons who need help choosing a health insurance policy. The Hancock County Health Department and McDonough County Health Department will share a counselor. Janet Kent, the counselor, will provide guidance to individuals needing help selecting a health insurance policy prior to the 2015 signup deadline. There is no counseling charge to citizens who need the guidance.
County's Own Health Insurance Plan for 2015
The county board approved health insurance for 2014 after considering several proposals. Costs dropped! The coverage is offered by Coventry Health Care of Illinois, John E. Ernst Insurance. A brief summary of coverage is $1,000 deductible, three deductibles per family. The out of pocket expense limit is $4,500 per individual, $9,000 per family.
Health Insurance Premiums
Year Employee-Employee-Employee-Family Medicare only and spouse and children Primary
2012 $465.63 $921.86 $846.43 $1,302.66 $259.34
2013 $527.57 $1,063.12 $993.07 $1,528.62 $288.87
2104 $597.00 $1,246.00 $1,059.00 $1,708.00
2015 $535.47 $1,117.38 $949.81 $1,531.72
Employee Share of Premiums
Year Employee Employee Employee Family Medicare
Only and spouse and children Primary
2012 $185 $575 $485 $665 $259.34
2013 $215 $605 $565 $780 $288.87
2014 $239 $710 $604 $871
2015 $215 $637 $541 $781
The Hancock County Courthouse will be closed on December 25 through December 28, 2014 for Christmas. The Hancock County Courthouse will be closed on January 1, 2015 for New Year's Day and January 19, 2015 for Martin Luther King Day.