The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
W.C. Teachers Contract Approved
At a special West Central District #235 meeting, the board approved the tentatively three-year contract between the Board of Education and the West Central Association of Teachers and Staff as presented June 2, 2011
The meeting was conducted by Board President Dr. Lonnie Brent with Anderson, B. Arnold, J. Arnold, Brent, Goff, John, present and Dr. Robbins, absent. Board member Anderson thanked all of the staff and administration who took their time to negotiate this contract.
The board also approved as presented:
- the retirement of Rose Wetterling as a WCES teacher effective at the end of the 2010-11 school year.
- to employ Tara Hanson as the WCES assistant principal with a base salary of $50,000 and the annuity option as per the WCATS contract effective August 1, 2011 on a ten month contract as presented.
- to employ Jesse Hart as WCES enrichment sponsor.
- to employ Amanda Hennenfent as the WCES summer school special education teacher at a cost of $864 plus mileage.
- to employ Terri Copeland, Roger Kerfoot and AJ Brasel as part time summer custodians at an hourly rate of $10.
- to accept the resignation of Shelley Morrison as WCMS 8th grade girls' basketball coach as presented.
- to accept the resignation of Jeremy Burrell as WCHS and WCMS baseball coach as presented.
- to accept the resignation of Chris Winters as WCMS assistant baseball coach as presented.
- to employ Marci Patterson as the WCMS assistant speech coach.
- to increase the hourly pay rate for the summer technology workers to $8.25 per hour.
- to approve the extended contract for the district technology coordinator.
The board briefly discussed the exempt staff salaries for FY12 and canceled the July 2011 board meeting. They briefly reviewed the FY12 extra curricular and extra duty sponsor list and discussed at length the possible addition of softball as a fall middle school sport. As a result of this conversation, the board asked Supt. Grimm to look into this further and bring a recommendation back to the June 15, 2011 board meeting.
They adjourned at 7:40 p.m.