The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.

Moment In History

RAILROADING IN HENDERSON COUNTY: The Carthage & Burlington Railroad Co. was charter in 1867 by the General Assembly and authorized to construct a road from Burlington, Iowa to Carthage, Il., a distance of about 26 miles.

In about 1870 the C,B.&Q Railroad purchased this road and added it to its already lengthening lines and commenced operating it under the title of the Carthage & Burlington Division of that road.

1911 History of Henderson County