The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
RARITAN METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH: The first class was formed in 1864 and held its first meetings in the school house.
Rev. A. Morey was the first pastor and the first members were as follows: George Mosier and wife, David Dilley and wife, Perry Gardner and wife, and Emanuel Alpaugh and wife.
In 1873 the group erected a church for $3,962.81 with 217 subscribers to the building fund.
1911 History of Henderson County