The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
OTHER CHURCHES IN EARLY OQUAWKA: The United Presbyterian Church organized in 1854 and erected a building which was destroyed by a storm in 1865 and never rebuilt.
A German Evangelical congregation built a good church and parsonage combined.
Services were in German but as the younger generation grew up speaking English, old members died or moved away, the congregation dwindled until few were left.
In early days the Universalist and Roman Catholics maintained church organizations, but soon sank into obscurity.
1911 History of Henderson County