The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
The First Presbyterian Church of Oquawka was organized in 1840 by a committee of the Schuyler Presbytery.
Under the direction of Revs. Samuel Wilson and George Stebbins the following became members: James and Mary Jamison, Mrs. Ann McKinney, Esther W. Stebbins, Thankful Day, Sarah Jamison(wife of Joseph Jamison), Daniel Linn and Daniel Richey.
On the same day Hannah Lancaster, Elvira A. Francis and Charles A. Furin were received into church membership. Various ministers acted as "supply."
By 1856 both a "Cumberland " and "Associated Reformed" Presbyterian congregation were worshiping in Oquawka in halls; no church was erected by them.
1911 History of Henderson County