The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
CHURCH HISTORY-OLENA: In 1859 some of the members of the United Presbyterian Congregation of Ellison withdrew and united with others at Olena forming their own congregation numbering 30.Ê
They worshipped successively in the barn of Mr. John Andrews, a little south of Olena, at the school house and in the Methodist Episcopal house of worship.Ê
In 1862 they erected their own church building in the northern part of the village of Olena at a cost of $1,500.
1911 History of Henderson County