The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
The first home of worship for the Associated Presbyterian Congregation of Bethel was a log building located near the Ellison Creek, opposite the residence of John Gibson.Ê
Here they worshiped until about 1850 or 1851 when they built a frame church on the northeast corner of Mr. Gibson's farm.Ê
In 1858 the Associated Presbyterian congregation of Bethel joined the Associated Reformed Congregation of Ellison with a combined body of 70 members changing their name to the United Presbyterian congregation of Ellison.
1911 History of Henderson County