The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
West Central #235 Special Meeting
At the Saturday, February 3, 2007 special meeting of the West Central Community Unit School District #235 Board of Education the following items took place:
- President Brent called the special board meeting to order at 12 noon in the elementary cafeteria. All board members were present at roll call.
- The board conducted a lengthy discussion on some proposed revisions to the current high school graduation credits that are needed for a student to earn a high school diploma.
This proposed change in credits comes about because of the board's decision at their January 17, 2007 meeting to revert back to a traditional scheduling model for West Central High School.
With few exceptions the board ultimately approved the recommended changes to the number of credits required to earn a high school diploma from West Central High School as presented.
These approved changes were those that were shared with the high school staff at a meeting on Thursday, February 1, 2007.
- The board reviewed the proposed documents regarding the bidding for the transportation services for bussing our students in the south half of the school district.
The board provided the superintendent with direction on some specific changes that they would like to have made in the proposed documents and the superintendent indicated to the board that he would revise the documents per their direction and bring them back to the board for their approval at the February 21, 2007 board meeting.
- The superintendent informed the board that the proposals to lease busses were not received in time for proper review prior to the special board meeting on February 3, 2007. The board was informed that those proposals would be reviewed by the board's transportation sub-committee and the superintendent and a recommendation for action will be brought to the board at the February 21, 2007 meeting.
- The board entered closed session to discuss matters pertaining to personnel at 2:23 p.m. The board exited closed session at 2:36 p.m.
- Following closed session, the board approved the request of a transfer submitted by West Central High School Principal Karen Rima to an administrative position at West Central Middle School.
This request was approved with the understanding that specific job duties, salary and benefits would be determined at a later date.
- There being no other business to be taken care of by the board at the special meeting, the board meeting was adjourned 2:43 p.m.