The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
In June of 1831 Stephen B. Phelps secured a license on payment of $10 to sell merchandise at Yellow Banks (Oquawka).
In 1833 Daniel Klauberg opened a store at his home in what was to be Raritan Township.
The first bridge ordered by the County Commissioners' Court of Warren County was to be erected on the Monmouth Yellow Banks road across the Henderson River about two and a half miles east of the present location of Oquawka (known as Jack's Mill and later operated by Conrad Radmacher.)
Robert Kendall was awarded the contract at the cost of $600.
1911 History of Henderson County