The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
STRONGHURST CHRISTIAN CHURCH: Soon after town organization, members of the Christian denomination formed a church known as the First Christian church of Stronghurst. In 1895 a building was erected in the south part of town.
STRONGHURST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH: This church was organized in 1889, but prior to that services had been held in the Gaddis school house in the Stronghurst Grove, in Dr. Harter's drugstore and later in the Opera House supplied by ministers from Monmouth Presbytery.
At first the congregation was attached to the Olena congregation and a minister served both churches. By 1892 the congregation had its first installed pastor, Rev. J. M. McArthur.
1911 History of Henderson County