The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
The regular meeting of the Biggsville Village board was opened at 7 p.m. April 4, 2007 with President Pro Tem Dale Allenbaugh presiding and trustees-Jack Brokaw, Marilyn Evans, Gloria Minard, Bob Onion, and Brian Sterett present, also Treasurer Gloria Jones, and Clerk Frank Jones, Maintenance Man-Jeff Lant (7:20 p.m.), visitors-Dan Gibb, Bill Leonard and Dale Gall (8:00 p.m.).
Dale Allenbaugh went over the happenings for the month:
1) The land has been sold back to Larry and Donna Bundy.
2) Four additional easements have been signed for the water line from Media. Marcia Rae Ponia has refused to sign her easement and this will require the water line to be moved to the other side of the road.
3) The water contract with Dallas Rural Water has been signed by both parties. 4) Both state officials, Sullivan and Myers have sent letters in favor of the water project.
5) The village has rented a lock box at the First State Bank of Biggsville.
6) The small generator has been purchased.
7) The antenna contract mentioned at last month's meeting is for three years, expiring in 2008.
8) The insurance will not cover the storm damage from the power outage, however it will cover Jeff Lant's injury.
After last month's minutes and Treasurer's reports were read by Frank and Gloria Jones it was pointed out the Parks and Recreation Fund received a donation from the Irhmal Gibb memorial. The treasurer's report was approved as presented.
Bills were read by Clerk Jones and the board had a question on the Craig's/Cameron bill. Jack Brokaw will check it out and advise. Payment of bills were approved as read except the holding of the Craig's/Cameron bill.
The Henderson County Economic Development Corporation requested the village make their membership dues donation as last year. The board approved $100.
Reports-Parks and Recreation Dan Gibb -
1) A pole at the ball park needs the wiring fixed because of wind damage.
2) Mulch has been applied but the swing ropes have not been repaired.
3) Veterans Honor Garden, Richard Johnson and Randy Anderson have done a lot of work towards this effort. Two committes have been set up. a) Design Concept and b) Financial. Promotion-Fund Raising.
4) The committee discussed signs to promote travel/tourism in Biggsville. The signs would include Parks, Hotel and Museum.
5) Reid Park needs a concrete pad in front of the rest rooms.
6) The committee discussed ball park fees.
Lights-Bob Onion hasn't completed his street light survey.
Streets-Dale Allenbaugh says as soon as patch material is available the pot holes will be fixed.
Bob Onion asked if MFT funds could be used to build a maintenance shed. The village needs more room to store equipment.
Water-Jeff Lant has not received any bids for a generator for the water system.
Jeff Lant presented to the board a new chlorine supplier. The price would be less than the current supplier. Jack Brokaw moved to have Jeff Lant work out the details in switching chlorine suppliers, seconded by Gloria Minard with all voting yes.
Jeff Lant reported the village is storing water project supplies in Susie Goff's garage. Storage costs with Goff will be determined later. Additional space is also needed.
Zoning-Dale Allenbaugh reported he has sent one letter for property clean up and others will be sent later.
Other standing committees of the village board had no specific reports.
Details for Phase 2 of the Housing Rehab in Biggsville will be available in August.
Brochures are being printed for a Chicago to Biggsville Highway 34 Garage Sale in June. It was discussed if Biggsville can do something since we are at the beginning or end.
Dale Allenbaugh reported that Janet Monville has sent a letter of resignation for her duties of straightening the Recycle bin. Her last day will be April 30, 2007. Anyone that is interested contact a village trustee.
Trash Bash-Gloria Minard will call and make arrangements, hopefully June 2, 2007.
Old Business-The board reviewed the list of late water/sewer bills. The meeting adjourned at 9:08 p.m. The next regular meeting will be on Wednesday, May 2, 2007 at 7:00 p.m. at the Biggsville community Building.