The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
Lomax Township in early days was called Honey Creek Precinct taking its name from the main stream which flows through it.
The first permanent settler was Captain Redman, who arrived in 1825-26 with his family and built a small log house.
The general settlement of the township commenced about 1838; in fact, John Pence with his family came then from Pennsylvania by traveling down the Ohio and up the Mississippi landing at Shokokon.
They moved into an unchinked log house (this means one could see through the cracks) which they shared with a family named Tull who arrived earlier.
The family was taken sick with chills and fever and were unable to help one another. Mr. Pence was a good hunter and game was plentiful so no one starved.
1911 History of Henderson County