The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
STRONGHURST: With the building of the Santa Fe Railroad through Henderson County, the railroad company desired to have a town of its own choosing along the line of the road.
It organized a town company and purchased a tract of land near the southeast corner of Stronghurst Township.
On Nov.18, 1887 platted the town and several additions were added later.
It became the largest town in the southern part of the county and noted for its business enterprise. In 1894 it was incorporated as the Village of Stronghurst.
Mr. Joseph Dixson who had sold the original town land became the Santa Fe's land agent selling lots and attracting businesses.
1911 History of Henderson County