The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
West Central Girls Track
Ft. Madison Pen City Relays
The Pen City Relays were held April 11th (start of spring break for West Central) at Ft. Madison High School.
The West Central girls competed in the class B division (small schools) against New London, Carthage, Mediapolis, WMU, Holy Trinity, Central Lee, and West Burlington.
The girls team placed third with 89 points behind Carthage (90 points) and New London (136 points).
Place finishers for the Heat included:
- Miriam Rutzen; 1st in High Jump at 5ft 4in, and 1st in the 400m dashwith a time of 1:03.38
- Theresa Brokaw; 1st in the 1500m run with a time of 4:47.95, and 2nd inthe 800m run with a time of 2:25.25
- Brandie Lindo; 2nd in the 400m hurdles with a time of 1:14.1, and 3rd inthe High Jump at 4ft 10in
- Rachele Jack; 5th in the 100m hurdles with a time of 17.37s, and 6th inthe 400m hurdles with a time of 1:20.7
- Lindsey Dilsaver; 6th in the 100m hurdles with a time of 17.48s, 4th in Long Jump at 14ft 7in
- Ciara Robinson; 1st in Discus at 102ft 6in
- Brandie Lindo, Laura Hoover, Miriam Rutzen, and Rachele Jack; 4th in the 4x200m relay at 2:00.3
- Brandie Lindo, Lindsey Dilsaver, Amber Mann, and Rachele Jack; 3rd in
shuttle hurdle relay at 1:10.9
- Lindsey Dilsaver, Amber Mann, Laura Hoover, and Miriam Rutzen; 2nd in the sprint medley relay at 2:02.1
- Shayna Perry, Crystal Alexander, Ciara Robinson, and Theresa Brokaw; 6th in the 4x100m relay at 1:01.4
Rob Garcia Coed Invitational
The Rob Garcia Coed Invitational was held at Rushville-Industry High School on April 20th.
The West Central girls track team placed third with 86 points behind the Rushville-Industry-South Fulton Coop team (121 points) and West Prairie/La Harpe (95 points).
Other schools in the competition included Bushnell-Prairie City/Avon, Beards-town, Waverly/Franklin, West Hancock, North Greene, Havana, Virginia/AC Central, and North Fulton. Place finishers for the Heat included:
- Theresa Brokaw; 1st in the 3200m run at 11:31.08 (new meet record), 1st in the 800m run at 2:26.38 (new meet record), 1st in the 1600m run at 5:25.59 (new meet record)
- Ciara Robinson; 5th in Discus at 95ft 7in
- Miriam Rutzen; 2nd in High Jump at 5ft, 3rd in Triple Jump at 31ft 3in, 3rd in the 400m dash at 1:03.64
- Brandie Lindo; 3rd in High Jump at 4ft 10in, 5th in the 100m hurdles at 17.88s, 2nd in the 300m low hurdles at 50.6s
- Rachele Jack; 3rd in the 100m hurdles at 16.97s, 4th in the 300m low hurdles at 52.01s
- Brandie Lindo, Laura Hoover, Miriam Rutzen and Rachele Jack; 2nd in the 4x200m relay at 1:56.4